That’s right, you could win $200 US for writing an article for Server-Side Magazine.
How to Win
Submit your article before November 27th, 2008. You will have a good fat 3 weeks to work on your article. The e-mail address is: contest [ you_know ] serversidemagazine [you know] com
Note that we will reply for every submission, if you don’t hear from us in about 3 – 4 days, you know that something went wrong and you should resubmit your article.
After the deadline will begin the voting period of 15 days until December 12th, 2008. The winner will have $200 to spend on gifts just in time for the holidays.
As with majority of contests we have a few rules too.
1. The articles must be original, not published in full on other websites (even on your personal website/blog). We will immediately remove plagiarized articles and ban your IP from Server-Side Magazine for life. We really hate slackers!
2. The article must be at least 1000 words, anything related to PHP, Ruby, ASP.Net and written in English.
3. There is a possibility that your article won’t be accepted if it doesn’t meet a minimum standard of quality.
4. You must write the article using the Server-Side Magazine template, attached to this post.
5. You can write more than one article.
6. You have to send the whole article in order to be accepted, after this we will begin to evaluate it.
The article in full, remains your property, you will have copyright over it. We only ask to give us a full exclusive publication rights.
…to download the template.